When & Where to Take The Ultimate Illinois Fall Foliage Road Trip
Have you noticed the leafs changing color and falling yet? There's that fall chill in the air, and leafs are slowly but surely covering the ground. So that means it's time to plan your Fall road trip because the leafs are at their peak color around mid-October.
This Fall foliage road trip will take you all around Illinois making sure you get the best of the best views. So what are we waiting for, hop in the car and let's plan out the best Fall road trip ever. Here's the route according to OnlyInIllinois -
1. Wadsworth Wetlands Restoration Project - The area looks particularly amazing with its orange and red hues this time of year. Address: 15615 West Wadsworth Road, Wadsworth, IL 60085.
2. Chicago Botanic Garden - You'll see some of the best fall colors in Illinois at this stunning destination. Address: 1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe, IL 60022.
3. Morton Arboretum - This arboretum is one of the nicest collection of trees in the state. There are all varieties, making leaf collection all the more exciting. Address: 4100 IL-53, Lisle, IL 60532.
4. Starved Rock State Park - Scenic overlooks provide plenty of opportunities to see this park in all its fall glory. Address: 2668 East 875th Road, Oglesby, IL 61348.
5. Matthiessen State Park - The upper and lower dells offer you the opportunity to see these trees from unique perspectives. Address: 2500 IL-178, Oglesby, IL 61348.
6. Mississippi Palisades State Park - This might be one of the most amazing parks in Illinois, having the Mississippi River as its backdrop. Address: 16327A IL-84, Savanna, IL 61074.
7. Pere Marquette State Park - This stunning park is located right off the Illinois River. Address: 13112 Visitor Center Lane, Grafton, IL 62037.
8. Grandview Drive - This has been called the world's prettiest drive. While only 2 miles long, it provides stunning views of the turning tree tops.
9. Champaign-Urbana - The colors on the main quad in the Fall are unmatched.