Wisconsin Restaurant’s Menu Is Built On Just One Comfort Food
When you think of comfort food or foods, what's the first thing that pops to mind? If ever there were a question that has absolutely no wrong answer, it's the comfort food question.
Why? Because any food you take some comfort and a bunch of extra joy from eating definitely qualifies as comfort food--whatever that food is.
Unless I think it's weird.
First, Let's Take A Look At America's Favorite Comfort Foods
Just a quick Google search tells me that we've got no shortage of food items that fall under the comfort food umbrella. I hit several sites with lists of comfort foods, and these kept showing up:
- Chicken and waffles
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Mac and cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup
- Corn dogs
- Chips and queso
- French fries
- Fried chicken
- Homemade bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches
There are tons more I could list, but you get the idea.
The Last Entry On The Comfort Food List Above Is The Very First Entry On The Menu At The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli In West Allis, Wisconsin
The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli is absolutely dedicated to serving up what they call America's favorite sandwich:
Located in the Six Points neighborhood of West Allis, the PBJ Deli specializes in classic and gourmet peanut butter & jelly sandwiches as well as other specialty foods and treats that feature our Peanut Butter & Jelly combinations!
The Menu, While Focused On PB&J, Has A Wide Variety Of Ways To Enjoy That PB&J
After getting to The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli's website, I headed straight to the menu to see just how weird and/or creative they get with their food. I wasn't disappointed to find things like:
- The King (as in Elvis): A grilled sandwich with a layer of our all-natural or honey roasted peanut butter combined with sliced bananas and honey. Treat yourself and try it with bacon.
- Grilled Cheese and Jelly: Your choice of American or sharp cheddar cheese and any of our craft jams or jellies, all melted between your choice of bread.
- Crunch & Punch: PBJD's crunchy peanut butter paired with a zesty layer of raspberry jalapeno jam.
- PBJ Quesadilla: A flour tortilla wrapped with your choice of peanut butter, jams, and fresh fruit. Grilled to perfection.