25 Days of Desserts: Snickerdoodles [RECIPE]
Contrary to popular belief, Snickerdoodles contain no Snickers, but don't worry, it'll be ok.
Snickerdodles are basically cinnamon toast crunch cookies. They taste amazing alone or dunked in milk and they are so easy.
Many drop cookies are sticky and messy, but for some reason, the cream of tarter I think, these cookies roll in a ball so easily.
They're fun to make with kids, too because you get to roll them in cinnamon sugar. You can watch TV and make these, especially General Hospital.
I always make the Betty Crocker recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Heat oven to 400ºF.
- 2 Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- 3 Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.