5 Foods to Eat Before Bed That Will Help You Sleep
Anyone else have a hard time falling asleep? Between social media, running thoughts, and snoring spouses, the perfect night's sleep doesn't seem to exist anymore. However, there are some things you can do to naturally help improve your sleep.
Next time you're craving that midnight snack, you might want to consider these foods to help you sleep according to Mystateline -
- Cottage cheese - It contains an amino acid that may increase serotonin levels to fight insomnia.
- Almonds - Known to indue drowsiness, the nutrient-rich nut contains high doses of melatonin to help regulate your rest.
- A glass of milk - A comforting cup of calcium can be a relaxing ritual to add to your nightly routine.
- Kiwis - The fruit is full of antioxidants that have been proven to promote sleep.
- Turkey - Turkey may be a great food to eat before bed due to its high content of protein and tryptophan, both of which may induce tiredness.
So next time you go to grab a snack before bed, remember this list and hopefully it will improve your sleep.