9 Hand Sanitizers You Shouldn’t Be Using
The Food and Drug Administration just issued a pretty big warning about the hand sanitizers we're choosing to stay healthy and safe from COVID-19.
The FDA's warning was directed at nine different alcohol-based hand sanitizers made with a substance that could kill you if absorbed through your skin or ingested.
Before I forget... There's a much better way to clean your hands than using hand sanitizer. It's the best way to kill the novel strain of coronavirus that causes COVID-19. But I'll tell you that after we get this death-causing stuff out of your house.
The toxic substance in these hand sanitizers is wood methanol. If you're cleaning your hands several times a day with one of these nine sanitizers, you exposure level could potentially cause nausea, vomiting, headaches, blurred vision, permanent blindness, seizures, coma, permanent damage to the nervous system or death, according to the FDA. In a report dated June 19, the FDA said:
“Consumers who have been exposed to hand sanitizer containing methanol should seek immediate treatment, which is critical for potential reversal of toxic effects of methanol poisoning.”
The manufacturer of all nine of these alcohol-based sanitizers is Eskbiochem SA de CV in Mexico.
And from MarketWatch.com, here's the list of the nine different sanitizers they manufacture that contain the toxic wood methanol:
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
Now, for the BEST way to clean your hands and to kill the novel strain of coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Just plain soap and water. And here is the science to prove it.