Rockford Church Is Hosting Free, Outdoor Movie Night This Friday
COVID-19 has thrown a major wrench into our typical Halloween traditions, but I think the Stateline community has done a great job thinking on their feet and coming up with alternative ways to celebrate.
Beloved trunk-or-treats quickly turned into drive-thru events, and many organizations stepped up to offer free Halloween events to help our families get into the spooky spirit...just like this outdoor movie night that Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Rockford is hosting on Friday night. (October 30).
Our Savior's Lutheran Church's Outdoor Movie Night will feature two films, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Ghostbusters, a dance performance, treats, music and it's completely open to the public and free to attend!
The schedule for Friday's spooktacular night of fun goes as follows:
- Parking lot will open at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, October 30
- First movie, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Stage performance at 6:55 p.m.
- Parking lot from first film audience empties at 7:20 p.m.
- Parking lot for second film moviegoers opens at 7:45 p.m.
- Second stage performance at 8:10 p.m.
- Ghostbusters begins at 8:30 p.m.
- Parking lot empties at 10:15 p.m.
Although Our Savior's Outdoor Movie Night is free to attend, reservations do need to be made in advance as there is a limit of 100 cars per movie. To make a reservation for the first film, click here. To reserve your spot for the second film, go here.
One last thing, as with all drive-thru movies during this pandemic, all moviegoers must stay in their vehicles, and the sound will be broadcasted through an FM channel. Better dig out those battery-operated radios, and your snuggliest blanket now so you're ready for a boo-tiful night of Halloween fun on Friday!