Study Shows we Spend A LOT of Money on Valentine’s Day
It's expensive to be in love. Like, REALLY expensive. According to a new WalletHub study, we spend a lot of money on Valentine's Day. Just how much? Well looking at it in total ...
Yeah ... that's 27.4 BILLION DOLLARS. That's a lot of moola!
According to WalletHub -
- $27.4 Billion: Total Valentine’s Day spending projected for 2020 ($196.31 per person celebrating).
- $291 vs. $106: Men will spend nearly three times as much as women, on average, for Valentine’s Day 2020.
- $10.5 Billion: Amount Americans will spend on jewelry ($5.8B), flowers ($2.3B) and candy ($2.4B).
- 43 Million: Americans got un unwanted Valentine’s Day gift in 2019, with a total of $9.5B spent on unwanted gifts.
- 9 Million: Number of marriage proposals made each Valentine’s Day.
And what does your partner want to eat? They surveyed that too. WalletHub details -
But remember what this holiday is all about, spending special time with someone you love. And you can't put a price on that.