The 4 Most Important Things To Know If You’re Going To Lollapalooza
Chicago will be alive with great music for the next 4 days as Lollapalooza takes over Grant Park. If you're going, you should know these things.
1. Carry in bags
Every bag will be search before entry.
2. What you CAN and CAN'T bring inside.
Items you CAN bring:
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels
- Cameras (basic point and shoot consumer-grade cameras) without detachable lenses and other accessories (monopods, selfie sticks, tripods, GoPro mounts, and other attachments are not allowed)
- GoPro cameras without accessories
- Sealed sunscreen lotion (no aerosol containers)
Items you CAN'T bring:
- No Cigarettes, E-Cigs or Vaping devices
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment
- Any and all professional video equipment – no video recording will be allowed
- Professional cameras (any camera with the option to detach a lens)
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Glass Containers
- Firearms, explosives, and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc)
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts (including red wagons) or any personal motorized vehicles
For the full prohibited list, click here.
3. Road Closures
4. In case of emergencies
Be sure to download the official Lollapalooza app. They will use the app to let you know of any changes
Several video screens around the festival grounds will display important information as well as audio announcements from all stages.
If weather conditions warrant evacuations, follow the instructions from public safety officials. You can also use the lower level of one of these parking garages:
GRANT PARK NORTH
25 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60602
Underground Parking Garage (between Monroe and Randolph) *Enter via vehicle entrance on Michigan Ave.
GRANT PARK SOUTH
325 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Underground Parking Garage (between Jackson and Van Buren) *Enter via vehicle entrance on Michigan Ave.
5 S. Columbus Drive
Chicago, IL 60603
Underground Parking Garage (Columbus between Monroe and Randolph) *Enter via vehicle entrance on Michigan
The official Lollapalooza website has a list of Top Tips for this year's festival.
[H/T WGN TV]