9 Things Your Body Does When You Sleep
Not getting enough sleep might be more of a problem then you think.
Last night I only slept for six hours. It wasn't intentional, I kept meaning to leave where I was and go to bed, but it just didn't happen. So today, I'm a little sleep deprived.
Which got me thinking, what happens when we are all sleeping? Apparently, a lot.
According to Cosmo, there are 9 things that happen when we sleep that we probably don't notice.
- When you're falling asleep, you always jerk.
- Your body temperature goes way down.
- Your body does a full toxin cleanse.
- You forget all the useless info you're storing.
- Your body is paralyzed but your brain is most active.
- All of your cells are being repaired.
- Your immune system is at an all-time high.
- You wake up between 5 and 15 times an hour.
- 30% of people stop breathing at night.