Study Says Best Place For Families Is This Wisconsin Area
Where will the pursuit of happiness take you and your family? One of the best places in the US to live for middle-class families is this area of Wisconsin.
A brand new study just revealed the top metro areas in the United States for middle-class families and one area of Wisconsin ranked in the top 10.
The Best and Worst Places in Wisconsin to Live
Every week, it seems a new study is released that has determined the best place, or places, for us to live. Low crime rates, job opportunities, good schools, and low taxes are often the biggest factors in coming up with the results.
In the summer of 2023, a study from US News and World Report determined the best place to live in America is a northern Wisconsin city.
Also in 2023, Beloit was again named the worst place to live in Wisconsin. The most recent study to put Beloit at the top was a study to find the worst cities and towns.
A brand new study measured Wisconsin by counties. The worst county in Wisconsin to live in isn't even close to Beloit, it's actually closer to Green Bay (the best place to live in America).
The worst county in Wisconsin to live in is Menominee. The county's seat is the town of Keshena, approximately 50 miles northwest of Green Bay.
And now we land on the brand new study shared by CNBC that was conducted by the research group Ludwig Institute for Shared Economic Prosperity (LISEP). They ranked the 50 largest U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas that offer the best and worst quality of life for the middle class.
- The study ranked the livability of each city based on:
- True living cost (housing, food, childcare, etc.)
- True weekly earnings (wages for the cost of living for all workers)
- True rate of unemployment out of the population (the percentage of the population unable to find a full-time, living-wage job)
The 10 WORST US Metro Areas for The Middle Class
- Fresno, CA
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV
- Urban Honolulu, HI
- Tulsa, OK
- Memphis, TN-MS-AR
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- New Orleans-Metairie, LA
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA and Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL (tie)
The 10 BEST US Metro Areas for The Middle Class
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
- Austin-Round Rock, TX
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
- Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
- Salt Lake City, UT
Milwaukee is also a good place to live if you love big bloody marys too.
Outrageous Burgers & Bloody Marys at This Wisconsin Pub and Grill
Gallery Credit: Steve Shannon