Indoor Family Fun Options Now Open in Rockford
The day we felt would never get here, is finally here...Illinois has officially entered Phase 4, and freedom has (kinda) returned!
I say "kinda" because doors may be reopened at businesses that have been shuttered for months in Rockford, but we're still far from the "endgame" of COVID-19, so business is definitely not back to normal. Certain restrictions must be followed, so we all need to be patient and make the best of the opportunities that are available without having an attitude.
That being said, let's get back to the fun stuff! With a lot of rain in the forecast this weekend, here's some of the indoor family fun options now available in Rockford;
- Nickel World on Main Street is open with a limit of 10 people at a time.
- Volcano Falls has reopened their indoor arcade, (laser tag is still not available), with a 50 person capacity.
- Local bowling centers are open with social distancing guidelines in place. (See the list of restrictions, here).
- The new Tilted 10 and Tilt Studio at CherryVale Mall opens today with bowling, arcade games, food, drinks and more!
- Most of the stores in CherryVale Mall are now open. See the list here.
Burpee Museum of Natural History in Rockford is not reopen to the public yet, but they will be reopening for weekends, by reservation only, on July 3. Find out how to reserve your spot for next weekend, here.
When it comes to a few outdoor family fun options available in Rockford, don't forget Anderson Japanese Gardens, Lockwood Park, Summerfield Zoo, the Rockford Speedway, and the outdoor space at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens are all open and ready to entertain you!