Local Libraries Still Hosting Summer Reading Programs
The local library is such an asset to the community. Being able to borrow books, movies, music, games, and more my family and I love ours a ton and can't wait for them to reopen.
Until that day we'll roll with the changes like everyone else. Some local libraries are offering curbside pickup of materials. While most have online catalogs available to borrow content from too.
One of my kids' favorite library programs is the summer/winter reading club and with the COVID-19 pandemic, we were worried the Summer Reading Club would be canceled this year.
Thankfully it looks like they've figured out a way to do it online because several local libraries are still offering the Summer Reading Clubs.
Some libraries have yet to release details for their upcoming program, but Stateline Kids is updating their list as the info becomes available.
- Beloit Public Library - Summer Reading Challenge June 1st - August 31st Register Online Here
- Cherry Valley Public Library - Dig Deeper: Build a Better World June 8th - August 14th Register Online Here
- North Suburban Library (Loves Park, Machesney Park, Roscoe) - Posted to Facebook, More Info Coming
- Rockford Public Library - Read, Explore, Grow April 1st - August 31st Register Online Here
- Talcott Free Library (Rockton) - Imagine Your Story April 1st - August 31st Register Online Here
READ MORE: 6 ways the whole family can play together at home