Rockford Driving Pet Peeves
Admit it, you have at least one thing other drivers do that really grind your gears. For me personally, it's not using a turn signal, ugh, gets me every time!
Recently I was at a local gas station when I saw another vehicle use their back window to voice their frustration with fellow drivers.
According to Consumer Reports, there are about 20 common driving gripes most people have. They asked 895 people to rate these 20 on a scale of 1-10, with 1 not really bothering you all that much To 10 driving you absolutely insane.
Here's there results:
- Texting on a cell phone while driving 8.9
- Able-bodied drivers parking in handicapped spaces 8.7
- Tailgaters 8.4
- Drivers who cut you off 8.3
- Speeding and swerving in and out of traffic 8.2
- Taking up two parking spaces 7.7
- Talking on a cell phone while driving 7.6
- Not letting you merge into a lane 7.6
- Not dimming high beams when approaching 7.6
- Not using turn signals 7.5
- Slow drivers dawdling in the passing lane 7.3
- Jaywalkers stepping in front of your car 7.3
- Excessive horn honking 7.1
- Slowing down to “rubberneck” at accidents 7
- Not turning on lights when it’s raining or at dusk 6.8
- Drivers who are indecisive about where to turn 6.6
- Slow drivers on a two-lane road who won’t pull over 6.5
- Not going when the light turns green 6.1
- Bicyclists who don’t let you by 5.8
- Cranking up the radio volume 5.7
What say you? Have any driving gripes to speak of?
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State