Rockford Is in Desperate Need for Blood After Traumatic Weekend
This past weekend in Rockford was a traumatic one. It was also filled with many injuries that nearly depleted the blood supply for our local hospitals, and now the need for us to roll up our sleeves and donate blood is even higher.
Right now the Rock River Valley Blood Center needs blood donations of all types to get their supply back up to necessary levels. If you have been healthy and are feeling well, please schedule a donation appointment today, here, or stop by one of the mobile blood drives happening in the Stateline over the next few days:
- Central Christian Church - Beloit, WI: 8/25 from 1:30-6 p.m.
- RBC Wealth Management: 8/26 from 9-11 a.m.
- Pinecrest Community: 8/26 from Noon-6:30 p.m.
- Optimum Rehabilitation Center: 8/28 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Winnebago County Government Employees: 8/28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Walk-in donations are also accepted at the four blood centers located throughout the Stateline at:
- 419 N Sixth Street in Rockford
- 3065 North Perryville Road in Rockford
- 1740 South State St. in Belvidere
- 461 East South Street in Freeport
FYI, if finding the time to donate blood is an issue for you, the Rock River Valley Blood Center has just removed that problem from your life. They now offer "Quick Pass" which allows you to start the blood donation process from home or your office, making the the actual donation the only thing you need to do in person.
Make sure you roll up your sleeves today, PLEASE!