Don’t Miss the Winter Carnival Weekend Happening This Month in Galena, Illinois
We have now hit the part of winter that I think most parents dread, the part where constant whines of "I'm bored" come out of our children.
By February the newness of all the toys our kids got for Christmas wears off, playing in the snow doesn't seem as exciting, or it's too cold to do so, and hibernation mode is starting to kick in.
Head to Galena, Illinois to Beat Your Winter Blues
If you can't take one more weekend of dealing with bored children, make plans now to get out of the house and have some fun at Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena, Illinois this coming President's Day weekend.
When I first saw that post come across my Facebook timeline, I immediately needed to know more, because my girls would LOVE seeing hot air balloons up close. When I went to Eagle Ridge Resort's website I discovered there is a TON of cool things happening during their Winter Carnival Weekend including;
- Horseback trail rides
- Wagon rides and campfires
- An ice bar with marshmallow shots
- Ice carving demonstrations
- A 'Royal Remembrance Show' featuring your favorite Disney princesses like Elsa, Anna, Jasmine, and Belle
- Winter crafts, games, and activities for the kiddos (there will even be a bounce house!)
- Ice Skating, snow tubing, sledding, and oh so much more! ( See the full list of events, here)
Ready for the best part? Admission into the Winter Carnival Weekend is free with some paid activities, but I highly recommend you book a room for the weekend now so you don't have to miss any of the fun! (You should probably book a spa session for yourself too while you're at it, Moms and Dads...you deserve it).