Forbes Names OSF HealthCare Best Employer in Illinois
If you're someone who wants a good place to work in the Rockford area (or throughout the country), you might want to take a good look at OSF HealthCare.
Forbes Magazine did, and they liked what they saw, especially here in Illinois. OSF was the top Illinois employer out of the 33 that made the list. All but three were from the Chicago area. OSF HealthCare was the fifth highest ranked healthcare provider out of 25 that made the list.
OSF HealthCare is ranked 46th out of 500 large companies (those with 5,000+ employees). The Peoria-based integrated health system is owned and operated by The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis. OSF HealthCare employs nearly 21,000 Mission Partners (employees) in 126 locations, including 13 hospitals throughout Illinois and Michigan.
Here are Forbes Magazine's picks for the top ten best employers in Illinois:
- OSF HealthCare (Healthcare and Social)
- Old Republic International (Insurance)
- ComEd (Utilities)
- AbbVie (Drugs and Biotechnology)
- Northern Trust (Banking and Financial Services)
- Boeing (Aerospace and Defense)
- ArcelorMittal (Engineering and Manufacturing)
- CDW (Business Services and Supplies)
- Northwestern Medicine (Healthcare & Social)
- Saputo Cheese (Food, Soft Beverages, Alcohol & Tobacco)
Here's another take: