Illinois Gets High Ranking On List Of Most Fun States
As an Illinoisan, you're living in a state that's probably a lot more fun that you thought, at least according to a new study.
Here's what WalletHub's experts looked at to make their calculations and assign rankings:
We all define “fun” a bit differently. And hopefully the place in which we live caters to our personal ideas of entertainment. But that’s not always the case, which may drive people to live somewhere new.
There are certain states where fun is not just an option but also a way of life. These states offer such a variety of activities that everyone will be able to find something that excites them.
With pure enjoyment in mind, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 26 key indicators of a jolly good time that won’t break the bank. They range from movie costs to accessibility of national parks to casinos per capita.
Before we get to Illinois' place on the list, here are the top 5 most fun states in America:
3) New York
Next, it's the 5 least fun states:
47) Rhode Island
50) West Virginia
As for Illinois, we come in just outside the top ten at #11.
Fun in Illinois (1=Most Fun; 25=Avg.)
- 5th – Restaurants per Capita
- 11th – Movie Theaters per Capita
- 10th – Golf Courses & Country Clubs per Capita
- 16th – Amusement Parks per Capita
- 3rd – Performing-Arts Theaters per Capita
- 8th – Fitness Centers per Capita
- 30th – Casinos per Capita
- 19th – Variety of Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Establishments
Here's how fun our Midwestern neighbors are, according to WalletHub: