Things I’ve Never Done In Rockford And Will Try In 2020
In 2020, I want to try these things I've never done before in Rockford.
I've lived in Rockford for a long time but there are still many things I haven't done here. In 2020, I want to try some of those things. I decided to start a list of those future experiences. Here are just a few of them. By the way, this is for fun so it won't be filled with a bunch of serious stuff.
- "Get On The Bus" - I've never used RMTD, so I'm going to take it around town. Plus, I really enjoy their commercials.
- Visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s Laurent House - He's very talented and I've seen many of his designs but never the one right here in Rockford.
- Check out a performance of the Rockford Symphony Orchestra at the Coronado Performing Arts Center. It's time to experience them live in person.
- Get on the water. The only way I've ever been on the Rock River is on a pontoon boat. It's time to experience it up close. I've never been kayaking and I would like to give it a chance.
- Take advantage of having a state park in the area. I've been to Rock Cut State Park a couple of times but I really haven't spent much time. I would like to take a weekend and go camping there.
- Attend the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition. I hear about it every year. I've driven by it on North Second Street. This year I want to see it for myself.
I think that's a pretty good start.
Video: Visiting Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center in Rockford for the first time