Wisconsin Just Named One of the Best States For Lovers of This
The state with the best dairy products and Fall colors is now one of the best for beer lovers. Here's why America's Dairyland needs to be on your beer tour list.
Best Reasons For a Road Trip to Wisconsin.
There is no bad season to visit the state of Wisconsin, but it just happens to be fall and there is no shortage of beauty in America's Dairyland. As the fall colors begin to peak in Wisconsin, a road trip sounds like a fantastic idea. There's a 100+ mile stretch of road that is fall road trip perfection.
Come to Wisconsin for the colors, but stay for award-winning cheese curds, brats, BBQ, or a Friday Night Fish Fry. Wisconsin also has a reputation for some pretty outrageously big Bloody Marys. There is one more thing for which Wisconsin is getting a tremendous reputation. Vine Pair just named the best states to visit if you love beer.
Wisconsin is One of the Best States For Beer Lovers
Above all else, the creators of this list of Best Beer States want you to know it is not a subjective list. They crunched many numbers like what you see below:
- The number of craft breweries per 100,000 21+ adults in 2021 (via Brewers Association)
- The number of total breweries per 100,000 21+ adults in 2021 (via Brewers Association)
- The number of barrels of craft beer produced per 100,000 21+ adults in 2021 (via Brewers Association)
- The total number of barrels of craft beer produced in 2021 (via Brewers Association)
- The amount of state excise taxes levied upon beer in 2021 (via Tax Foundation)
- The number of beers currently ranked in the top 100 on Beer Advocate as of June 27, 2022
- The top 25 brewpubs, nano breweries, micro breweries, regional breweries, and macro breweries as ranked by Untappd as of June 27, 2022
- The number beers currently ranked on VinePair’s 25 Most Important IPAs (2021)
Just how well does Wisconsin rank on the Best States for Beer Lovers list?
Wisconsin ranked at #9, just ahead of Michigan at #10. At #8 was Montana, followed by Maine and Massechussets. Pennsylvania finished at #5, just behind California. Oregon was #3, then Colorado at #2. Can you guess what state is the best?